Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Dream

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood." Martin Luther King, Jr. 

I get chills when I read King's words. Chills because his dream which seemed so incredibly impossible at the time, became reality. King wanted something so bad that he could see it. It became his goal, his purpose to make that dream come true. Everything he did, everything he said moved him closer to his dream. He lived and even died for that dream. 

It's a new year, new goals, new purpose - what are your dreams? What do want that you'll give everything you got to make it happen? What do you want that will cause you to stay focused, stay in the game until it becomes real?

Those are questions I've been asking myself. It's a new year, a blank slate to fill up with something amazing to work towards.  Over the years, I had incredible dreams, dreams that some people  told me would never happen, but they did. Dreams that grabbed my attention, filled my days with purpose, pushed me to fight until the thing I wanted I got. 

There were highs. There were lows. There were times it seemed impossible. Other times I knew, that I knew, it would happen. From writing a book that won an award and has sold around the world, and continues to sell well, to getting my degree, getting on the Dean's Honour List - and so many other amazing things that happened that simply began with a small thread of hope. 
 
Now again, it's time for something new, to have another dream, another goal, another purpose. King's words, 'I have a dream,' excites me and starts the creative juices flowing again. 

Happy Thursday, Guys. 

 
 


5 comments:

Launna said...

King's words inspire me too... what a remarkable man he was... xox

I am excited to see what your dream is this year, I know you will achieve whatever you desire... I do know that when I focus on a goal, I too can attain it... sometimes it takes a few times but once I get it I stay with it xox

Joy (Aesther) said...

Thanks for the post Nikki! I hope whatever dreams you have in this year will be fulfilled and worked out with God. God bless!

Connie said...

Without dreams, I don't know where we would be. It's wonderful that so many of your dreams have come true. You have worked hard to make them so. :)

Tabitha Bird said...

I love a dream. Especially one so real you can see it in your mind. All the best with your new dreams :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I've always found those words of King amazing.

All the best Jan