Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Wild



"If it's wild to your own heart, protect it. Preserve it. Love it. Fight for it. Dedicate yourself to it. It doesn't matter if it's wild to anyone else. If it's what makes your heart sing, if it's what makes your days soar like a hawk in the summertime, then focus on it. Because if it's wild, you're free. No matter where you are.” Rick Bass. 

Living wild for me comes when I step out and do what my heart yearns to do. So often that means going against well meaning people in my life who insist I can't, or it's impossible, or questioning why I would even want such a thing. 

It's tough following my heart when others are trying to drown out the pull, the tug, that pushes me, goads me to get out, to go, to try, to be free, to live WILD. 

But I've learned that saying yes to that persistent voice inside always brings an incredible excitement, and over the top feeling that nothing else equals. It's the same kind of feeling when I climb up to the high diving board and stand there shaking, debating if I should jump or cower back. I know there's others behind waiting, eager to take their turns and then that incredible moment when I decide, yep, I'm jumping. 

Living free, living wild - same deal. It's what I want. Go Wild. Live your heart. Even if you go it alone. 
Happy Thursday, Guys. 

5 comments:

Launna said...

I think we all need to live wild... I know I didn't live that way when I was younger... I was too fearful of what it would mean... when really it can help me grow to my potential... I just need to jump too... great words Nikki xox

DUTA said...

I'm absolutely for going out, trying things, living freely. As for living wildly, I don't know; wild is not me. But if it suits you and your temperament, then
by all means, go ahead , do it!.

Connie said...

I like this post, Nikki. I think we all need to take those chances and do what it takes to reach our goals. No others can live our lives for us. Have a nice weekend!

Lux G. said...

Amen! Let's go do it. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Just sometimes we do have to take that chance ...

All the best Jan